Tuesday 5 May 2009

Potential cures for CFS ME

My story continues, with what was the most difficult time for me on this journey.
I was to learn, all too soon, that there is no known cure for CFS and there is little understanding of the disease, either in the medical profession or the wider public. Dr Weir had two main therapies, rest and Transcendental Meditation (which I hold in very high regard and still practice today). I was extremely fortunate that my local GP was forward-thinking enough to try both traditional and alternative therapies (including acupuncture and Vitamin B12 injections) and in providing funds for me to attend two residential courses.

From the very beginning I cast about seeking potential cures and therapies, in both traditional and alternative medicine. In addition to being a genuine search for help, I was also very consciously trying to avoid an ‘invalid mentality’.

My search for the positve outcome I was so desperate for continues in next weeks instalment. In the meantime, if you’d like to find out more then please visit my website
http://www.withinspiration.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment